We woke up this morning wanting to go home. The want to did not happen today. After watching the Weather Channel and seeing that Isaac is stalling, we decided to stay around Gladewater, Texas.
We did move 5 miles to Shallow Creek Resort. This campground is definitely worthy of the resort name.
We went to Walmart and stocked up in the hopes that we can go home tomorrow.
We returned to our RV Resort and found out that there was another camper here from Mississippi. Actually, this camper is from Stone County. Lauren went out on a quest to find who was here. It was a couple from Wiggins. He was the manager of Pine Burr Country Club a few years ago when we were members there. They are also trying to get home. As I said before, It is "A Small World."
I don't know how many times I have heard Lauren say, "We should have stayed in Alaska." Considering Isaac, and this heat and humidity, I finally agree with him. But I also have heard Lauren say that he is like a horse that sees the barn and is ready to go home. All he can see is the barn.
We ate Frito Pies tonight. I remember the first time I ate a Frito Pie. Evelyn took us to Pine Malt Stand and she ordered all of us, (there were a bunch of us in the car), a Frito Pie. I thought this was the best food that I ever ate. I have tried to mimic this since then, I have never had a Frito Pie that taste that good.
The yard fairy mystery has been solved. We know who you are. Many thanks.!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment