Sunday, August 26, 2012

8-26-12 (Day 87 - Tucumcari, New Mexico)





We drove about 400 miles across I 40 today.  We had a pretty day with no rain.  The temperatures for most of the day were around 80 degrees.

We are staying at Kiva AOK RV Park.  We got excellent service when we arrived.  We were met by two differren people that assissted us to our campsite.  We never had to get out of the truck to walk in an office to register.  We have a big yard with a lot of shade, and it is quiet.

Ferny knows a good campsite when she sees one.  She was impatiently waiting for us to come get her out of the camper. She slept most of the day and was ready for some green grass, shade, and fresh air.

Before we left on this trip, I stocked up on peas.  Yes, peas.  I remembered last year in Taos, NM  craving peas and I could not find any.  Before we left, I gathered all the cans of peas in our cabinets.  I left home with 11 cans. 

We had spaghetti, corn bread fritters, and peas tonight.  I am down to 2 can of peas.  My supply is dwindling down after 12 weeks.

We are about 1085 miles from home,  We are watching Hurricane Issac and dragging our feet heading to Mississippi.  This is the first hurricane in a long time that I am not working.  I have to say it is a nice feeling not to have to work during or after a hurricane.



 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are not working tonight too.
    What kind of peas?
    Make it last as long as you can.
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete