We took a ride to Anchorage. I needed to do my monthly weigh in at Weight Watchers and this was the best opportunity that I have for this month. I met the leader and a trainee. The leader was from Lake Charles, (small world).
The two weigh in stations were separate and private. This was the most impressive weight watchers facility that I have ever been in
I told them that I have been a life time member for over 6 1/2 years. The lady in training was very impressed and told me that I inspired her to continue with her training. I felt like a weight watchers superstar when I left. Oh, and I lost 3 pounds since last month, a total of 4 pounds since I left home. I think being stress free is a big factor.
The trainee apologized for the cold summer in Alaska. I told her not to worry, we have thoroughly enjoyed Alaska.
I knew I was long overdue for a hair cut. I had Lauren in a "it's all about Kim mood," so I went a got a trim. The hair cutter was as nice as everyone else that we have met in Alaska. She also apologized for the cold summer. I assured her that we are having a blast.
We went to Earthquake Park. It was a great memorial to the 1964 earthquake. It made me speculate about what must have went through their minds as the ground shook and broke apart for 90 seconds. It goes without saying, that you need to live each minute to the fullest.
We took a ride downtown to Ship Creek where the salmon were supposed to be viewed from the bridge. There were no salmon. We took a ride closer to a hatchery, and found several salmon waiting under the bridge on their way to their birthplace for their last spawning. Their story is like a Romeo and Juliet fish novel.
After a great day in Anchorage, we are at the camp. We have the back door down. We are listenening to the sound of the generator and hearing and watching the rushing water in the river. We have had another fantastic day in Alaska.
Pics are here: https://goo.gl/photos/Bct5XhisQMwjud8G6
Kim? You make me sick!!!! Who the heck goes on vacay and LOSES weight. Urggggggh!
ReplyDeleteI still love you though really! Live it up babe!