Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day 58 (7-28-12 - Tok)


We started out with a light shower today.  The weather cleared and it turned out to be a warm pretty day.    We decided to drive until we had cell phone and internet service.  We drove 70 miles to Tok.

We are staying at Tok River SRA.  It is another pretty campground that is on the Tok River.  Again, we have no hookups. 

When we got here, we had neighbors park next to us.  We left and went to the big , exciting, town of Tok.   When we got back, no neighbors.  We watched quite a few campers leave the  site next to us. I wondered if Lauren had forgot to plug the septic tank a few days ago, because quite a few campers left the site next to us. 

Then I heard the campers two sites away tell a potential camper  that was going to park between  us, there are bees in those trees, as they pointed to two holes in the tree.  They told then that they got stung and had moved.

We had a lot of campers ride in and ride out of this spot.  The last camper that we saw pull in as we sat by our campfire were considering  burning out the bees. They must have seen the look in our eyes and reconsidered.

I am not sure if was my look of please, don't do that, or the rugged look of my honey who has not had a hair cut in over two months and has not shaved in quite a few days. They went to another part of the campground. We really appreciate their consideration.

This place feels like home.  We have the muddy, swift  Tok River.  We have a sand bar, (the first sand bar that we have seen in a while).  If it weren't for the glacier look of the water, I would swear we were at the Pearl River Swamp. 

We are planning on staying in this area for a few days.   This is a good place to rest, clean up, wash up, and stock up, before we head back into Canada.  And hopefully, Lauren will shave.


1 comment:

  1. Oh no y'all are headed home? Well you will just have to keep the blog going when you get home, it's the only way I can keep up with you plus I'm addicted.
    I think Lauren should let it grow till he gets home I mean he's go this long.
    I'm glad that you didn't get a "stinky" reputation at the CG
    Later
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete