Saturday, July 14, 2012
Day 43 (7-13-12 - Seward to Quartz Creek)
We woke up to the sound of eagle chirps and Ferny Kat purring this morning. This is the adventure we dreamed of. No generators and no doors slaming. I think moving across the bay was worth the isolation for a least a good nights rest.
Lauren was slow to get up. He had some sore spots, (probably a bunch of sore spots from snagging yesterday), on his body. He looked really tired when he went back salmon snagging this morning.
Lauren must stick out like a, "I'm not from here," kind of guy because for two days, there have been several guys walk up and give advice. They have offered him their fishing pole to snag with and even give him treble hooks. The generosity of these guys is unbelievable.
After a couple of hours with no snagged salmon, we decided to move on.
We moved 46 miles to Quartz Creek Campground.
Our friends that we met at Deep Creek highly recomended this campground. We are glad that we went out of our way to stop here.
We were agravated by the ravons when we got here We acted like we were picking up rocks and throwing at them. They flew away. Now we know what to do.
We rode around downtown Cooper Landing. We had a milkshake at Wildman's. Lauren had a pineapple milkshake and I had a chocolate milkshake. Lauren reminisced about me fixing his pineapple milkshake at Zesto's. He said that this was the second best milkshake that he ever had. I think he is right.
We walked around at the Russian River Ferry. We met a man who is the manager of the Russian River Ferry that is originally from Laurel, Ms. He went to PRC in 1960. It was pretty cool to meet someone that went to PRC in Alaska. I bet that it is rare to have 3 alumni from PRC at the Russian River Ferry in Alaska.
Ferny is purring again. The three of us are happy. Only one of us purrs. Gotta love it!!
Pics https://goo.gl/photos/Do6upBUzUMr7zaa1A
Labels:
Alaska
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh... You SHOULD purr. Oh I have good memories from zesto's !! Remember that nite Madonna crawled out the window? LMBO
ReplyDeleteGLAD Y'all are living your dream!!!
XOXOXO