Friday, July 20, 2012

Day 49 (7-19-12 - At the fish camp in Copper Center)

"I'll be glad to get back to Crossroads,  we have flow wells and are not rationing water"

It has been a gorgeous day.  We actually had on shorts and flip flops.  Finally, we are not freezing.

We went to the unisex restrooms and showers at the campground.  There are 2 showers and 3 toilets.  These are located in the laundry room.  We were able to wash our clothes and ourselves at the same time.

I have the luxury of blow drying my hair now that we  have an extension cord connected to the camper supplying our electricity.  A good shower and hair styling is a rare treat since we rarely have any hook ups for the camper.  I feel like a new woman, that is cleaned and fluffed.

Lauren successfully caught a salmon this morning.  He went back this evening and hooked two and lost them.  Not bad for a Redneck with no salmon fishing experience.

Ferny didn't come to bed last night. She was on night patrol.   Last night was the first night in a while that she slept solo.  She usually gets in the bed and steals our warmth.  It is a good thing.  With her fur and my hot flashes, Lauren would have probably been set on fire.

As usual, I have another favorite place in Alaska. 

Exhausted!!!!



Today's pics   https://goo.gl/photos/LVTQMF1pZPY9ZHEm7

1 comment:

  1. I love the pic of Ferny. I'm sure this trip has been an adjustment for her but she's young and don't know how lucky she is . She'll be fine and is lucky to have y'all as her humans.
    Oh my I had an image of yall doing laundry in the buff in between showering. LMAO I am a wash and go girl on the hair. No time here for "styling".
    I am jealous of all the fresh fish y'all are having.
    Lauren looks tired but who does that other beer belong to. LOL
    Live, love, laugh and have fun my friends.

    ReplyDelete