We went to the Alaska SeaLife Center and the True Value Hardware Store. The sea life center had good habitat exhibits. The True Value Hardware Store had a mixture of stuff, such as hardware, clothes, household goods, fishing goods, charters, etc. It was an interesting shopping experience.
We had planned on pulling out the grill and cooking Salmon tonight. Mother nature changed our plans. We did a lot of thinking and researching. Lauren found a recipe that kinda reminded me of momma cooking daddy salmon patties. We both got in our tiny little kitchen, did some slicing and dicing, added some secret seasonings and cooked what we call salmon patties. Man, they were good.
This Louisiana Woman and Mississippi Man have our own unique alaska cuisine.
I love salmon patties! Those look good. I've never made them with fresh salmon. I envy you. At least y'all got to semi rest today. Beats my working 13 hours AND I have to go in early again tomorrow. SIGH!!! Some day ... Far far away.....
ReplyDeleteLol