Wait until you see our pictures from today. Awesome!!!!!!
We left Houston
and traveled to Soldotna and are staying at a city campground called Centennial
Campground. It is on the Kenai
River .
We traveled the Parks
Highway and the Glenn Highway to Anchorage .
We then traveled on the Seward
Highway and the Sterling Highway to Soldotna.
The Kenai River is another big river in Alaska .
We opened the back door of the toy hauler and pulled down the screen,
(to keep out them nasty, mean, obnoxious mosquitoes). It is really nice doing my blog and seeing
the river and hearing the river as I type.
At 9 a.m. this morning, we were at Miller’s Market. Lauren bought a fishing license. I will wait and see if the fish bite before I
buy mine.
It was all I could do not to get an ice cream cone for
desert after breakfast. I even justified
eating ice cream at 9 a.m. by telling myself that it is 12 p.m. at home. I kept reminding myself that I will weigh
again in about a week at Weight Watchers.
I had to leave the campground at Houston
before I ate more ice cream.
Lauren was unsuccessful in his fishing expedition, (which lasted
about 30 minutes). If the fish catching
doesn’t improve I will probably be investing my fish license money on more bear
spray and bear bells. It looks we will
have a lot more time for hiking.
The ride here was amazing.
All the sudden, we left Anchorage and we
saw Turnagain Arm, (a finger off the Cook Inlet ),
on one side of the road and snow topped mountains on the other side. We also saw a lot of snow that melted into
waterfalls coming off the mountain.
Breathtaking views!!
The song Free, by the Zac Brown Band is our retirement
song. This song played on the radio as
we were traveling through Anchorage . It was perfect timing. And the part at the end where they sing “We
don’t have a lot of money,” we can really relate to. I love this song.
It was another day that is gorgeous one minute and light
rain the next. We actually made it from Houston to Soldotna
without getting a lot of road grime on the vehicles. This is the first time we washed the vehicles
and rode this long without road grime.
The girl that checked us into the campground is from Tyler , Texas . Her daddy got her a job here when she came to
visit. Very sweet girl.
We saw a couple of Dall sheep on the ride here. We traveled 201 miles today.
It is cooling off really quick. It is time to close the back door and light
the campfire.
No comments:
Post a Comment