Saturday, August 26, 2017

8-25-17 - (Day 25 - Alberta, Canada)


Ferny Kat let us sleep until 7:30 this morning.  We woke up to a nice, crisp 44 degrees.  I guess Ferny Kat was too busy staying warm cuddled at our feet to wake us up any earlier.

We layered up, and headed to Glacier National Park and Waterton Lakes National Park, an International Peace Park.  This is the first time we have rode our motorcycle across an international border.


I took bunches of pictures of the beautiful scenery, got pointed at, and told "No Pictures!" by the USA Border Patrol when nearing the border crossing, (OOPS!).  Needless to say, I quickly turned off the camera.

The Canadian officer asked a few questions, and we proceeded on our journey.  And of course, I started snapping pictures again as soon as we left the border.



Canada is celebrating 150 years of  National Parks and all park entry fees are free. The pretty ride continued to Waterton, in Alberta Canada.  It is a quaint, laid back town.  We rode the few blocks around town, saw a police motorcycle and a Canadian Mountie standing outside the police station, and of course I got the picture.

We found a nice picnic table on the banks of  Lake Waterton and ate lunch while watching people playing in the water.

We went back to town and spent the rest of our 2012 Canadian money, along with some American money. The Canadian Mountie that I took a picture of earlier, was walking through town, stopping and talking with the tourist.  He said  he saw me taking a picture of his bike, (and I thought Oh S***). We talked with him for a little bit.  He was very obliged to pose for a picture with me.


We returned to the USA border with the camera turned off, they allowed us to proceed after a few basic questions, (another Whew!)

The Rocky Mountain scenery is gorgeous. As John Denver would sing, "Rocky Mountain High,"  that sums our day up!!


Mo pics right here:


No comments:

Post a Comment