Thursday, September 15, 2016
9-14-16 - Heat Escape - Day 34
Our wake up call (hail)
It was a nice relaxing sleep last night. The only concern I had was, if, I might invade Fernykat's space while she is sleeping at the foot of the bed, by Lauren. She does bite, (gently,) if I make a mistake and invade her space.
A little after 5 this morning, I woke up and thought I was in the pine trees of Timberlake with the pine cones hitting the side of the camper. Only problem, I'm not at Timberlake and we are in a campground with no trees. Then, it sounded like we had fireworks showering down on the roof of the camper.
All three of us jumped out of bed. All of us running around, then Fernykat headed back to the closet. It was hailing. We were sure it was a least golf ball size then Lauren opened the door and it was only about the size of a dime. Thank goodness.
We also heard a flock of geese honking as the hail was hitting the top of the camper. Lauren said a few choice words about the hail and the geese.
This afternoon, we went to Vernal and ate at a Chinese restaurant, and did some shopping. By the time we got back to Jensen, the sun was a shinning.
We rode to the Quarry Entrance of the Dinosaur National Monument. We had heard that the dinosaur fossils are awesome. Words cannot describe what it feels like to be looking at at all those fossil bones from billions of years ago that are in that hill. Too many emotions to write about. If you are ever in the area, you really need to experience this place.
We ate a steak and baked potato for supper tonight then watched the clouds cover and uncover the full moon tonight. This was so much more relaxing than the start of our day.
Pictures: https://goo.gl/photos/Qq2Ry8H3933p9DMA9
Labels:
Heat Escape 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment