We hung around Camp Secour all day on Sunday. This gave us time to catch up on our pictures and blog. Lauren took a stroll and got a few pictures of plants and stuff. It was a lazy kind of day.
We got the mowing and weed eating done at the Jeff Friend Trail and Kayak Launch Monday during the on and off rain. Some of this grass was enormous, choking down the lawnmowers and weed eaters, but we got it done.
We rode around on this rainy afternoon, checking on litter and stuff, then relaxed at camp for the evening.
I worked in the visitor center on Tuesday. The rain started about 11 am. I had 4 visitors in the 4 hours that we were open. I spent the time cleaning in the office. Lauren got the oil changed in one of the refuge vehicles. It was a no camera kind of day.
The rain continued on Wednesday morning. We piddled around doing odd and end jobs. We finally had a break in the rain and loped limbs that were obscuring our view at the RV driveway.
Lauren went on a road trip to Loxley Thursday while I manned the visitor center. I spent a few hours of piddling around, tiding up the office. I had a record number of visitors today, a whopping 8 people.
We finally took the time to walk Gator Lake Trail. Part of the trail is closed due to boardwalk damage from storms. The trail meanders through the wooded dunes. Quite nice and peaceful.
We spent a lot of time and effort washing shutters, windows, doors, porches, benches, and banners at the visitor center. It looks much better now.
After work, we did a little bit of armchair birding at Camp Secour.
Saturday, we met Jackie and went to the Sands Unit to change a flat for one of the interns. This was our first trip to the unit, but will not be our last, we plan to do a bit of exploring here.
It was another relaxing evening of bird watching at Camp Secour.





No comments:
Post a Comment