Jeff joined us for our early morning Crane Whisperer Tour. We saw 7 Ms. Sandhill Cranes and a least a dozen deer. The few cranes we saw today were more photogenic than usual.
On our way out of Brown's Trail, we found newly emerged Black Swallowtail Butterflies. Last week we saw the caterpillar and chrysalis It is pretty neat to see their life cycle in their natural elements.
This afternoon, we took a ride to Gulfport for a quick stop at Sam's. With the rainy weather, we did not take the camera or binoculars. We wish we would have on the ride back on Highway 90. There were plenty of shore birds enjoying the low tide and very few people.
Monday
We hung around Camp Refuge on this rainy day. We got our clothes washed and I got my walk in. Even though I was soaked when I got finished. I love walking in a light rain in the summer time.
Tuesday
We washed the camper and the motorcycle today. We are hoping that fall weather will be here soon so we can take Amber out for a spin.
Wednesday
A very quiet day at the VC. Lauren went off site and cut grass. We observed an Osprey with his afternoon snack in the savanna right before closing. He was sitting on a limb of a dead tree eating a good size fish.
Thursday
I only had 2 really great visitors walk in the VC today. After 4 pm there were 6 people walking the trail. More people came after we were closed than when we were open.
Friday
Business picked up a little today, we had 12 people visit. Lauren spent the day mowing at headquarters.
Saturday
Judy and Terry came for a visit before closing. We continued our visit at Camp Refuge after we got off. Needless to say, we had a great time.
There are not many pictures for this week due to a malfunction of Lauren's lap top. The only pictures we have are a few that Lauren had on his phone and Facebook post, and a few I took with our old Nikon.
Here they are:
No comments:
Post a Comment