Monday, August 22, 2016

8-21-16 - Heat Escape - Day 10





We had another good day around Pueblo. The pronghorns are getting closer for our viewing in the mornings.  We also saw about 10 quail as we were leaving the campground.

 We took a ride on a windy mountain road to Bishop's Castle in Rye, Colorado.  It is a castle that one man has been building since 1969.  It is a very unique place.  Lauren and I climbed up the narrow winding staircases to the globe.  Well, Lauren made it to the globe, I chickened out.  It is a lot more difficult climbing narrow winding stairs wearing bifocals instead of contacts.  Not to mention, I'm a little bit scared of heights, especially when the floor is a little shaky.   I kinda crawled a few of the steps.  As Lauren was waving to me from the globe, I was white knuckled hanging on to a beam. It was fun but I have to say, I was relieved when we were back on firm ground.

We got back early and decided to lounge around this afternoon.  It was a sunny 85 degrees.  I just had to go get in the pool.  I think it was colder than the Pushepatapa Creek, but it felt good.  I finally found a cure for my hot flashes.  With the low humidity, I could barely swim from one end to the other. I'm glad the water wasn't over my head.

Judy and Terry cooked some good ole taco soup for supper, they simmered it all day in the crock pot.

Although, it was not in our plans to stay in Pueblo, we have had a great time while we are here.  Hopefully tomorrow, we will make it to Gunnison.



Pictures: https://goo.gl/photos/fWpotA8tozkdkebu5

No comments:

Post a Comment