Tuesday, August 16, 2016

8-15-16 - Heat Escape - Day 4


                                                        Elmer Fudd wabbit hunting

We left from Amarillo and traveled 252 miles.  It was a beautiful day with beautiful views.  Judy and Terry got their camper repaired and were about an hour behind us.  We met up at Lake Trinidad State Park.

I think we were skunked today.  Every time I walk in the camper, I smell it.  Lauren argued with me that it is not the smell of a skunk.  Judy said she had a good nose for detecting smells and confirmed my findings.  I have cotton balls soaked in peppermint oil all over the camper.  I hope it goes away soon.

We sat outside in the cool evening air, grilling burgers, watching rabbits, and  enjoying the beautiful views of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains.


I have  my light jacket on - We have accomplished our mission….. The great heat escape!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                                                  Moon Rise

No comments:

Post a Comment