Monday, July 29, 2013

7-28-13 (Day 4 - Greers Ferry)




Fernykat decided that we needed to get up early this morning.  She pounced on me and meowed at 6:30 am.  She was wrong.  We didn't get up until 8.

We took our time getting up and about.  After my shower, I reached in the  closet to put up my robe.  I had no clue Ferny was on the shelf sleeping.  She moved, I screamed, She jumped as high as the ceiling.  I guess I got her back for waking us up.

We took a ride to Clinton.  Another pretty ride.  We saw a sign for Natural Bridge, Arkansas.  We decided to take a look.  It was the best mile we traveled today.  Nothing but switchback curves.  We loved it.  We had our picnic lunch and headed back to camp. 

We got the hiking poles and headed to Sugarloaf Mountain.  It is about a mile long round trip hike with an elevation of 690 feet.  We got to the point where we needed to shimmy up the rocks to the top.  We started up, Lauren stopped and looked back at me, and decided that we didn't need to do this.  Lauren knew if we made it to the top that he was going to have to get me down.  Smart man considering he has had to get me out of trees that I have climbed.

It looks like a ghost town in the campground tonight.  We are enjoying our nice, quiet campsite tonight.  We are heading to Harrison tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment