Monday, June 13, 2016

6-7-16 and 6-8-16 - Coon Dog Cemetery

                                                                   
                                       
                                                           The Beginning  (1st dog buried)


   We have been wanting to ride the motorcycle to Coon Dog Cemetery in Tuscumbia, Alabama for the last couple of years.  We decided to make this ride before we left the Rez.  The weather was a little less humid, and a little cooler, so we took off.

The road going to the cemetery is a windy. somewhat rough road.  About half way of the 10 mile stretch, Lauren almost went into the ditch to dodge a big ole rattlesnake.  I never thought about a rattlesnake encounter on a motorcycle.

The cemetery was a nice memorial to all the coon dogs buried there.  There were some unique tombstones and grave markings.

We ate dinner at the Rocking Chair restaurant and spent the night in the Cold Water Inn.  We headed to Red Bay Alabama and toured the Tiffin  Motor Home factory.  We took the back roads to French Camp and had a great BLT, (AKA Big Willie).  Then we motored down the Natchez Trace to the Rez.

Another check on the bucket list!!

You think we might be rednecks????


Pictures: https://goo.gl/photos/vfnEHqwPWQuC67KE6

1 comment:

  1. BIG SIGH!!! That is all.
    But the cemetery was cool and all of the scenery was beautiful. I'm so happy that ya'll are at this point in your lives. You are both blessed and I love ya'll. Thanks for sharing with those of us who on a different journey. I too am blessed I know.

    ReplyDelete