Thursday, August 1, 2013
8-1-13 (Day 8 - Eureka Springs Backroads Route)
The day started overcast and a little cool. The sun came out and the temps got in the low 80's. Perfect motorcycle riding weather.
We road the Eureka Springs Backroads Route. According to the brochure this loop is 132 miles with 571 curves. It took us 6 hours to make the loop. There was a lot of pretty scenery on this route.
We had read in the brochure that there were elk in Ponca. I didn't think we would see them this time of year. I was pleasantly surprised when we saw several elk in a field.
Eureka Springs was a bigger town than I expected. It had a lot of shops. We saw a couple of deer in town. We stopped at the Pig Trail Harley Davidson shop in Eureka Springs, of course, I had to have a shirt.
We had a nice picnic lunch by a creek in Berryville. We made it back to camp and went to Wally World to buy chicken to grill tonight.
After grilling and eating our chicken, we turned on the TV. We found Magnum PI and watched 2 episodes. This brought memories of when we were newlyweds. We would watch Magnum PI while eating Pork Chops and Stove Top Stuffing in the living room at the coffee table. I thought Stove Top Stuffing was delicious. Lauren was not quite as enthused about it.
Unfortunately, the chance of rain goes up starting tomorrow through next Wednesday. Hopefully, it will wait till nighttime to rain.
Pictures: https://goo.gl/photos/wtSk8fTKBPWcPvLN6
Labels:
Ozarks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment